Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easing into the Shallow End

O.k. I know what you're thinking, "not another blog!" If so, do not fret, and get over it! This endeavor is not serious and has no pretense of becoming so. There are too many good blogs already in existence and I do not presume to think that I have anything novel to add to the mix. This exercise is more an attempt to get into the habit of writing.

I do not really enjoy writing, and I do not write well. Yet, God in his providence (and sense of humor) has called me to a holy vocation in which I will be spending the rest of my life communicating through writing. So, in an attempt to acclimate myself to the "waters" of pastoral written communication, I have decided to start blogging.

These posts will be the musings, pontifications and rants of an oft wearied and beleaguered pilgrim living in antithesis to a world that is not my home, but which earnestly strives to re-enroll me into its Naturalization Exam.

Don't expect much, for I am merely easing into the shallow end. And maybe, and even hopefully, I will be able to extend to you the invitation of Delmar O'Donnell, "Neither God nor man's got nothin' on me now. C'mon in boys, the water is fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment