Monday, February 9, 2009

Faith OPC in Indiana, PA

Yesterday, Christy, the girls and I had the pleasure of traveling to Indiana, PA to worship and fellowship with Faith OPC. As part of my internship at Grace, I get to travel periodically to other OP churches in the Presbytery of Ohio to see how other congregations do things and to spend the day with the pastor.

Yesterday was a true blessing. The church there is full of warm and kind-hearted people who made us feel very welcome and loved. I got the privilege of speaking with the adult Sunday school class about my pilgrimage into the OPC and about my thoughts on my internship experience, as well as, the OPC's internship program.

After addressing the Sunday school class, I had the privilege of leading them in worhsip through the proclamation of God's Word. The church was observing the Lord's Supper, so I chose to preach from Leviticus 7.11-38 and 1 Corinthians 10.16-18, "The Communion Feast of Peace." Everyone was extremely encouraging and mentioned that they enjoyed hearing a sermon from Leviticus, let alone seeing how it taught them about Christ and the Lord's Supper. I am waiting to receive an audio copy of the sermon and when I have it I will post. For now, you can read the sermon if you're interested.

If you know of anyone living near the Indiana, PA area that is looking for a Reformed church, then tell them to check out Faith OPC, or to contact Pastor Doug Snyder, snyder.1@opc.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment