Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Preparations for Candidating

I have entered the eighth month of my year-long internship for Grace OPC in Sewickley, PA. The internship has been invaluable! Well, as wonderful as it is, I cannot remain in the nest and it is time to start testing my wings as I begin the candidating process.

In this process, many churches ask for a sample sermon from the Old Testament and the New Testament. I have decided to stave off the temptation of providing a couple of "home run" sermons, and instead, have opted to provide the most recent sermons. By doing this, I believe it provides an honest representation of what a congregation should expect to hear on a regular basis.

So, for my Old Testament sermon I am posting my sermon from this past Lord's Day morning, "The LORD's Presence and His Word," from Leviticus 1.1-4 and John 1.14-19. You can read it here.

The most recent New Testament sermon was preached the first Lord's Day in January of this new year, "The New Year and the New Birth," from 1 Peter 1.3-9 and Matthew 16.15-23. You can read it here.

This process is truly humbling and sobering, and yet, at the same time, a privilege and testimony to God's covenant love and mercy in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment