Monday, December 28, 2009

“An Unfinished Advent: Praying for the Completion of Christmas” Psalm 72 & Matthew 2:7-11

Yesterday, for the third time in three months, I had the privilege of filling the pulpit for Covenant OPC in New Bern, NC. As in the other times, it was a blessed time of worship and fellowship. It is always such a joy to worship with and preach for a congregation that hungers for the word of God.

Given that it was the Lord's Day after Christmas and the fact that I didn't get to preach last Lord's Day, I took the opportunity in the morning service to preach about Christmas, sharing my thoughts that I had during this season. The main observation I had this year is that there seems to be a general misunderstanding of Christmas. Many Christians seem to have a limited perspective when it comes to reflecting on the birth of Christ. The limited perspective that I am referring to is not so much about a proper theological understanding of the virgin birth or even the right understanding about God taking on to himself flesh.

So, what limited perspective am I talking about? Well, you can listen to it here to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment