For child training:
- A Christian Directory by Richard Baxter
- Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp (I am also interested in reading Instructing a Child's Heart, but haven't yet)
- Withhold Not Correction by Bruce Ray
- A Christian Directory by Richard Baxter.
- Reforming Marriage by Doug Wilson
- Strengthening Your Marriage by Wayne Mack
You will notice that A Christian Directory is listed under both categories. Back towards the end of the seventeenth century, the puritan pastor Richard Baxter wrote a large volume attempting to discuss all the different areas of living the Christian life. The volume is broken down into four main sections. First, private duties; second, family duties; third, church duties; and fourth, civil duties. Given that it was written several hundred years ago and is so large, it can be intimidating to pick up--but the section on family duties is worth it.
Well, I just saw today that the second section has been published as its own book with slight revisions as The Godly Home. If you are interested, you can read the Introduction and a sample chapter here.